Sunday, October 18, 2009

Previous Adventures in Vancouver, BC

Okay, so while I was on spring break in Portland, a friend reminded that New Moon was filming up in Vancouver, less than a day's drive away. I don't know what came over me. I just decided to take a little adventure since all of my friends already had been on spring break and went to places like Cabo San Lucas without me.

So I was totally surprised that I even made it into the country of Canada. I did not have my passport with me at all. I just figured the Canadians would be friendly. I was questioned at length at the border, especially since I had no reservations in VanCity and I was driving my parents' car. I wasn't let through until the Monty asked me "how do you know what's in this car?" It was almost midnight and all I could manage for a response because I was totally baffled was "my suitcase." That was enough to get him laughing and let me through. When I thought about it later, I guess he was implying that there could practically be drugs in my tires or something. lol

Capilano Suspension Bridge
First built in 1889, it is a simple suspension bridge that is 450 feet long and 230 feet above the Capilano River in North Vancouver. This is actually the world's longest foot suspension bridge.

Trying to get steady on the bridge. You can't see, but I'm holding tight to the sides.





Those look so comfy. I wish I have a pair on my front porch some day.































I have to go back across it to get home?!












Holy crow! That's a long way down. Not a big fan of heights, but I did it.








Far below the bridge.






Some marshes at Minnekhada Regional Park in Coquitlam






MOTHER OF PEARL! Why wasn't my flash working?! I swear this is Rachelle Lefevre a.k.a. Victoria from Twilight. She was off to dinner with Ashley Greene, who was taking pictures with exchange students from Brazil.
Too early and too cold, but Selena was SO gracious. While I was awaiting Twilight stars to come out of their hotel, Selena Gomez comes walking out at about 7. I asked her if I could get a picture. She asked me if I was sure because it was morning - like she could look bad! I was about to take the picture myself when her driver/bodyguard asked if he could. Afterwards, Selena and even her mom thanked me! Totally crazy right? Selena thanking me. No. Thank you Selena. You are the cutest thing ever!

It was still too early in the season to see the roses. Bummer.





Burrard Inlet















Totem poles. Obviously.







The view from Stanley Park. It reminds me of the Golden Gate bridge.






The lumberjack's tree.







Waiting out RPattz at his hotel. (I'm a total creeper. ) I never did see him though.






I love the contract.







Yes. I was at the replica of Bella's house. Bella from Twilight - a movie about love between a vampire and a human girl. I can hear the judgment, but I was never into anything as a kid. Not Barbies, not Hello Kitty. This is my thing. Just let it be.

You can read more about my Twilight Adventures in the next blogs.

Bikes periodically take over downtown traffic during rush hor to promote going green and using public transport. Drivers were pretty pissed, especially since there were hundreds of bikes and it took at least 10 minutes for everyone to pass by. It was kinda cool though. Some people were even in costumes.

In the middle of the Burrard Inlet. It's sensible, but I giggle a little every time I see this picture.





An original steam clock in GasTown which is part of downtown Vancouver.









A Japanese garden in the middle of the city.






There are drug stores on every corner - literally, just like coffee shops.






So I was hanging out with some newly made friends in a seating area next to the lobby of their hotel. All of the sudden John Corbett with his two German sheperds walks right by. I say "hi John" and he looks at me, then I asked "can I get a picture with you?" His response: "I don't do that sort of thing." WOW.

Honestly - What was I supposed to say to that? I was all "okay" as I lowered my head. About 10 minutes later, he walks back in. So awkward. I immediately look away. He then asked "do you still want that picture?" I said yes and then he asked if I was staying at the hotel. I, of course, wasn't, but my friends said "yes we are." I understand where he was coming from because there must have been a lot of people hanging around the front of the hotel for Twilight stars, but I can imagine he was harassed all that much. He led me to the side and asked me what I was doing in Vancouver, etc before I got my picture. I thanked him and then my friends went back to the seating area. I still can't believe that happened though. He is a movie star after all and I think he knows that. It's not even like I screamed his name and was running after him. I stayed put in my seat when I first asked him. I think he also realized that he was kind of an asshole before and that's why he took the picture with me later. He was staying at the hotel with Bo Derek. Ironically enough I would have rather gotten a picture with her even before the encounter. I hope that he was just having a bad day. I have a hard time grasping that he might actually just be like that.

After filming stunts for 13 hours in the middle of the night (see next blog), she was more than willing to take a picture with her newly dyed hair (after the cliff diving scenes, of course). And my camera was fully functional this time. : ) She was so sweet! I even got the chance to chat with her for a little bit.

What a way to end a trip! (...especially after the whole John Corbett fiasco.)

Waiting at the border to get back into the States, despite not having a passport with me....but they eventually let me in. At first, the officer was going to have me pull to the side and go into the building to prove my residency, but there were too many cars already. While I sat at her station we were just chit chatting away. I was talking about good ol' Stockton and how it was ranked America's Most Miserable City. The officer was from Sacramento and to her it seemed like I knew the area, so she let me go with a warning. ;)


Quote: But if you really want to live, why not try and make yourself? - Incubus
Song: Walking in Memphis by Marc Cohn

No comments:

Post a Comment