Saturday, October 24, 2009

Drive, Move, House

OMG! Was the drive, moreover haul of crap, up to Portland a long one. 10+ hours about worrying whether or not my futon was going to fall off my roof was exhausting. Not to mention the final trek up the “hills” to my new place. I don’t know whether hill is the right term though. It’s not like the small rolling hills of California of imagine, but a never ending steep climb like the streets of San Francisco. I’m just glad I made it though. My friends joked with me that knowing my luck I would end up breaking down in the middle of the freeway, cause multiple car accidents, have my things strewn all over the road, get to the side of the road to call for help only to realize I have no reception, and then get mauled by a bear coming out of the woods only to leave me barely alive but with many a broken bones and open wounds. Yes, that is exactly the type of thing that might normally occur to me – but I made it!

My new home. It looks a little bare now, but that's because I just moved in silly!









The walkway to the house.











The side porch leading to the apartment downstairs.











The living room.










The kitchen.

















The dining room.











The sunroom/my new office with stairs to the basement/laundry.











The back stairs.











The yard next door.









The bathroom. Of course, the tiles match the oven.













A sneak peak into my rommate's room.

















My new room - that's all I'm showing, but I must say I'm very excited about my new queen size bed.










Quote: I am not afraid...I was born to do this. – Joan of Arc
Song: Destiny by Zero 7

No comments:

Post a Comment