Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Portland To Do List

So I started this list when I first got to Portland and have made a few modifications and cross-offs.

In no particular order:
  • Ride the Max drunk
  • More drunken rides on the Max with Logan & Jen, but esp. with Logan since he gets SO embarrassed by rowdy behavior.
  • Concert with Estee in Seattle
  • Visit Katina’s Deli in NW Portland and take a picture in front of it. 
    • Logan randomly found this one afternoon during his lunch break downtown. Apparently, it’s in a slightly ghetto area. What a surprise on that one. Maybe they’ll give me a discount.
  • Learn some cooking from Jen, esp. Mexican food
  • Get some amazing donuts. There are basically donut and coffee shops everywhere, but I need to get in on some of the good action.
    • A co-worker suggested Sesame Donuts because it’s awesome and they even have some of my fav Greek desserts.
    • There’s always VooDoo donuts as well. They have a $5.25 cock & balls donut and people even get married at the shop.  Haven’t had the cocks & balls yet. Donut that is.
  • Cook for Logan & Jen
    • Probably breakfast because that’s my specialty
  • Portland Zoo to see the 11 y/o sea lion named Julius
    • He bit a zoo worker who ended up at the hospital.
  • Go to Forks, WA
    • I don’t think I even need to explain this one.
  • Oregon Beach
    • See the rock that is in The Goonies
  • Go to Astoria where Kindergarten Cop was filmed (that’s right, Kindergarten Cop) and go across the bridge into Washington. "It's not a tumor."
  • Camping/hiking with Alyssa and Ryan or see their new place
  • Tri Delta event with Paula in Eugene
  • Local Tri Delta event with my roommate Nicole
  • Dinner with pharmacy classmates
  • Go to Vancouver, BC
    • I don’t think I need to explain this one either.
  • Get in the snow
    • This will make it my 4th time in snow ever. 1st in Yosemite in May – very slushy. 2nd time at Kirkwood “trying” to ski. 3rd time during last visit to Oregon in October – snowed while I was driving and I thought I might die.
  • Find a cheap local movie theater because I watch way too many movies and am a broke college student. <-- $3!
Quote: Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. - John Wayne
Song: Life In Technicolor by Coldplay

No comments:

Post a Comment