Sunday, December 30, 2012

Eagles In The City of Vancouver

 In the middle of all my twistalking I would try to always take some time to myself in Vancouver - walking the city, eating the food, taking in the sites, etc.
 On this day in October I started to notice all these painted eagles across the city.
 It took some time to find out, but they are all a part of Eagles In The City.
"What is Eagles In The City?
Every winter from November to February literally thousands of Bald Eagles arrive to migrate on the West Coast of British Columbia to feast on Salmon on the banks of our rivers and tributaries. The Bald Eagle makes a statement of strength, striking appearance, grace and personifies freedom.
With this in mind the Bald Eagle will now migrate onto the streets of Vancouver, Vancouver Island and beyond to complete the trilogy of public arts projects by the BC Lions Society. The first being the Orca coming out of the Pacific Ocean, then the Spirit Bear coming out of the forests of Northern BC and now the Bald Eagle soaring through the skies of the West Coast from April 2009 to April 2010 in support of the BC Lions Society’s Easter Seal Services."
 I hope to see and photograph more of these in the city in my future visits.
 I can't even imagine how much time and effort each eagle takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment