Sam Bradley In Concert Last Friday – and I was there!
his myspace, but some of the songs are old and it was NOTHING compared to him live. I have him on the calendar for December when he comes to Portland. No joke.
Sam’s opening act was a Vancouver local Mani Khaira. He was great! His vocals were powerful and his keyboard playing was completely infectious. I laughed so hard when he told us to buy a T-shirt because that’s how he feds his band. His guitarist looked a bit like a hipster, but his drummer was hot! My favorite songs were Oblige and Anything You Ask.
Back to Sam! So when I first listened to his myspace page, I must say I wasn’t so impressed. I only kind of liked Soho Whores and Derek – much better live by the way. As soon as I heard the opening song Watching Over You, I became a fan.
Since I have done several presentations lately, I'll give you a little bullet point.
* Sam Bradley has been in Vancouver for 6 years now.
* He is from London and that’s how he knows Rob Pattinson.
* He co-wrote Never Think from the Twilight Soundtrack.
* He “was in Victoria” the night before and told us that we could take that whichever way we like. ha ha
* He has been with his current band, Sam Bradley and The Men, for the last year.
* Sam introduced his bandmate and guitar player Dave Meszaros first – and mentioned how he has a “huge penis.” LOL!
* And then there was bass player Jeff Reidlinger and his “huge penis” as well.
* Sam looks good without the jacket.* At one point, Sam mentioned how he had a dream recently about reaching into an audience full of their hands up. He proceeded to then go for it.
* He was excited to be in Vancouver, but even more excited to go on tour with another Canadian musician Justin Nozuka (I especially like After Tonight) and to be doing it on a bus.
* More pictures are in my Twifans album.
* You can see more of my videos on my YouTube page.
For some real HQ live videos, check out YouTube's Sitatara.
Written by bass player Jeff
A Song Could
Written by drummer Mark Kerrey